Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tis the season

So I was feeling a little Bah Humbug yesterday... I sent out a mass department wide Hallmark e-card for the holidays...yes for the "holiday" not Christmas despite the fact that I know the one Jewish person I work with doesn't care and welcomes any holiday wishes regardless... and I got scolded and had a reprimand placed in my file for it! Can you believe that?!?! Apparently my supervisor can send out the Ben Stein CBS letter about the holidays and the horrible woman that works on my shift can send something at least once a month about some stupid thing but I can't send an e-card wishing my co-workers a happy holiday. Seriously??! I have been doing that for years. WTF?
I was so upset this morning I cried. I know it is dumb to cry but it is just so crushing to be treated like such a robot, a crappy robot at that. Thank you Supervisors for breaking my spirit.

I am uber close to my pre-baby weight and I can't wait to start working out again. I physically can work out but if I do I have issues nursing and I would never get sleep. On the days that I work Jackson is at daycare with Jon until about 1545 hours which would give me plenty of time to work out BUT I have to get up and pump every three hours begining with 0900 (just a short 2 hours after when I fall asleep). Therefore I am so tired every day that I normally sleep until 1430-1500 in order to at least get 6 - 6.5 hours of sleep even if they are only in 2 hour blocks. I miss being a little smaller and less squishy but breastfeeding and sleep are WAY more important to me for the time being. Maybe once Jackson is 6 months it will be better.

Jackson is getting so old and so big. He is just amazing. He will be 5 months on Monday. I can't believe how old he is. It really feels just like yesterday I was preggo. It went so fast. I am trying to enjoy every moment good and bad as it comes because I know it is not going to slow down any time soon.

I applied for two new jobs recently. I would really hope I could get one of them. The both are on the clerical end of things but both would be for some form of law enforcement agency. I would hope having a 4 year degree would help but who knows these days with so many people applying for jobs. I am trying to be picky because if I leave where I am at I want to stay where ever I go but at the same point I don't know how much longer I can stand to be picky. So wish me luck and hopefully by this time next year I can be writing this from another position.

No comments: