Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Bigger Every Day

I am pretty excited because Jackson had his 4 month check up yesterday and he is growing like a weed! He is now just shy of 15 pounds and he is a long and lean 26 inches. I can't believe how lucky I am to be his mommy.
Today we danced and sang to Christmas music and Neil Diamond. So far he had mommy's taste in music. He does best to Neil Diamond, Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin, Johnny Cash, and Cher...yeah the Cher part worries me but he knows what he likes.

At bedtime we have been playing hemisync music in the bedroom and so far we all have been sleeping deeper and better at night. Which is especially great for me being I flop back and forth between day shift and night shift so much.

Munchkin's cold is also gone! I am sure it is only temporary before he gets another one but I will still take it for the time being.

Jon is half way through his P90X routine. He looks great, I wish I had his dedication. I really love working out but have given up on it. I just don't have time. The days I work I get up every 3 hours for 20 minutes to pump so I don't get the most restful sleep so I figure it is better to be rested then going to the gym. When the boys get home I only have 3 hours with them before I go to work so I don't want to waste that time not with them. Sure it is 3 hours but 1 of those is Jon's work out, then there is dinner, and getting ready for work (washing up, makeup, packing a lunch, and getting the uniform ready) Then on the days when I am off work I am on a dayshift like schedule so I try to catch up on sleep and spend some snuggle time with Jon.
I figure once I am done breastfeeding I can go back to working out because I won't have such screwy sleep schedule. If only life had an easy button once and a while. I want to at least continue to breastfed Jackson until he is 6 months.

No comments: