Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fall is Coming

Ah, how I look forward to every season. The fall is come, the leaves are changing, the air smells great, and it's time to start wearing snuggly clothes again.
I think we are going to the apple orchard on Sunday. I love going there, it is in Jordan and they have the best apples and treats. We just walk around for hours picking apples, riding the hay bales, and playing at the petting zoo.

Speaking of this weekend...I couldn't be more excited I am acutally going to get to clean my house! We have been in camping/wedding season for too long. It started with camping over the last weekend of June, then went straight into the 4th of july, then started all the wedding shenanigans. The last one was last weekend and it was a really good time but man am I broke and exhausted. I really want to clean my house, it is terrible right now.

I am also looking forward to finishing some dressers I bought. See, I bought these two dressers that were antique (nice name for old) and I have been slaving over the one removing layer by layer of crusty paint (seriously couldn't the previous owners have just sanded it then painted it instead of painting crusty layer after layer?). That one is the smaller of the two and I will be painting it white. It's pretty cute it has the original glass knobs and everything. The other one is wooden and that one is the easier of the two and I will be painting it black and have pewter knobs to match the end tables I already did.

So I guess I don't really have much going on. My dad goes in for double hernea surgery tomorrow. He is a stuborn old mule and he thinks he will be just fine but in reality both herneas have been festering for over a year and with his previous heart attack and bad eating habits I worry. That's tomorrow so we'll see...lots of time in bed with the tv and a few books for him.

No comments: